Friday, October 26, 2012

LOTD

 
So here goes my very first look of the day! I've decided to go with makeup looks over clothing looks. I love clothes but I don't consider myself a "fashionista" of any sort. I thought it would be fun doing quick looks and just pictures of what steps I used for an occasional update rather than making everything a video.
 
Enjoy!
 
 
Start with the face. I just got Kat Von D's Lock-It foundation and I loove it. A few words of wisdom when using this foundation... A little goes a VERY long way. I only have to pump out a pea size amount and just use my finger to dab it in problem spots over my face, then I smooth it all out with a brush. I've read a lot of reviews and the most common complaint is that the foundation makes it look like you're wearing a mask, which definitely IS the case if you put on too much, but if you use the tiniest amount, it covers up imperfections and gives a nice natural mostly-matte finish.

 
The shade I went with is about a half a shade too pale for me *gasp - that never happens!!!* but I tone it down with powder.
 
 
These are the products I used for the face.
Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation - Light 42
Maybellline Dream Matte Powder - Light
Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush - Warm
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny
 
 
I'm starting off by using 2 shadows from Urban Decay's first Naked Palette.


From 3/4 of the way across my lid, I'm crating a wing with Toasted.

 
I'm taking Hustle and darkening the wing at the lash line, letting Tosted peak out the top.

 
Use a fluffy brush to lightly blend out the edges.
 
 
Next I used S.A.L.T.Y Cosmetics Glama-ZOID loose shadow on the inner corners and middle of the lid. This is a GORGEOUS iridescent pink/white shadow. You can't see it very well in the pictures but it looks amazing and really makes green eyes pop!
 
 
 
I'm taking the light side of the Love & Beauty by Forever21 Eyeshadow Duo and applying it to the middle of the lower lid near the lash line with my finger to make the eyes look more open and bright.

 


 
I lined my eyes with my FAVORITE eyeliner, Physicians Formula Eye Booster in Deep Brown, creating a wing at the ends.

 
Then applied some mascara to the upper lashes and outer corners of the lower lashes. I used Whats Your Type? Black Mascara from theBalm.

 
And the look is complete!
 
It's a subtle eye look but still stands out when wearing my glasses. This has been a go-to look I've worn a few days in a row this last week for work. I LOVE the Glama-ZOID shadow. I saw it in one of the past Glam Bags on www.ipsy.com (which I didn't get) and wanted it so I ordered that and a few other samples from S.A.L.T.Y Cosmetics.
 
Hope you all like this look! I'll try to get one out every week (unless I'm being lazy...)
 
XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment