Friday, October 19, 2012

Simple Batgirl Halloween Costume/Makeup Tutorial

So Halloween is coming up quick and I know there's people like me out there who love Halloween but have the hardest time coming up with a costume or making one happen... For as much as I love the holiday, I'm usually super lazy about the costumes I wear.

A few years ago I was a bum Yoshi (aka me in a green hoodie, green sweatpants and a tail sewn on...). The next year I just wore a pin up dress I owned and did my hair and my boyfriend was trying to go as Larry King but looked more like Colonel Sanders.... And last year I just went out in my normal clothes with a slit throat haha

So this year I put a real effort in to my costume, but I'm honestly not a huge fan of the costume sets sold in most Halloween stores. I didn't want to be a "sexy" batgirl or really "sexy" anything. C'mon, It'll be late October in Minnesota, I need my ass covered! So I put together this costume from a few things at the Halloween store and a few things I had at home.

 
I did all my actual shopping at the Spirit Halloween Store on a weekend when everything was 30% off. I got the tank top/cape for $23 (+ the discount) and the gloves/mask for $10 (I believe...). The shorts were $9. I had the thick sparkle tights, combat boots and yellow belt already. And that's the costume! I curled up my hair and did some pin up-esque makeup and transformed in to vintage
Batgirl!
 

 


 
So there you have it, my ultra geeky, simple Batgirl look! I hope everyone has a fun, safe Halloween!!!
XOXOXO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment