Friday, October 12, 2012

Urban Decay Vice Palette + My first Glam Bag!

Hoooooly Moley! Today was a glorious day for makeup. I FINALLY got out to buy the Urban Decay Vice Palette. I've been drooling over pictures of it online for weeks and woot woot! Got paid today, so finally made the splurge. And if that wasn't amazing enough, I checked the mail today and my first months Glam Bag was delivered!
 
I'll cover everything I got, but first for what I'm sure will quickly turn in to my holy grail eyeshadow palette................
 

 
Almost shed a little tear when I opened it... It's so beautiful! (I know, I'm a spaz...)



 
Ok ok ok... so first impressions only since I haven't even owned the thing for more than a few hours, but good lord these shadows are beautiful! I swatched all the colors (no primer!) left to right in order from top to bottom on the palette and I can safely say I'm in love with every single color.

The pigmentation is incredible, and the fact that every color is 100% brand new is beyond awesome. At first glance, I know I'm going to be way over using Blitz, Penny Lane, Desperation, Provocateur , Rapture and Freebird.
 
Every shadow is buttery smooth, super pigmented, beautiful and just wow... I can already tell the new formula for the glittery shadows has been improved also, which I'm a HUGE fan of.
 
The ONLY downside to this palette is the price. It's hard to justify buying another palette of shadows when I already had so many, and at $59, it sure wasn't cheap, but it really is worth it. I love each and every color and they're all new, so I'm gonna stay on cloud 9 for a long time with this one!
 
You can find the Vice Palette at:
www.urbandecay.com
www.sephora.com
www.ulta.com
 

 
And here's what I got in my very first Glam Bag!

 
mirenesse Lip Bomb - Mirror Me
It's described as a "glossy lacquer stain". Keeping in mind I've only had it for a few hours, I will definitely agree with the lip stain claim! As seen in the swatch below, the color is an extremely opaque, blood red. I don't see the gloss really lasting through the day, but goodness, I had to SCRUB to get the color off my hand after swatching it. That to me is a pretty good indicator of how it will last on my lips, but time will tell! I'll update if my opinion changes after a few wears.

 
be a...bombshell eyeliner - Onyx
Hello fat eyeliner! No real opinions on this one, except that it's definitely black! I'm not the biggest fan of thick liners, but I'll give it a chance!

 
theBalm What's Your Type? Black Mascara
Again, too soon to tell how I feel about this product, but I really like the style of brush. My lashes are pretty hearty and I only have problems with mascara formulas that are especially watery, so I'm sure I'll love this sample. AND! I'm pleased its a sample! I'm really not a fan of buying full-size mascaras just because they do go bad so quickly and there's so much product wasted, so I usually feel better with sample sizes anyway :)

 
Coastal Scents pan quad - Vibrant Blue, Deep Eggplant, Candlelight, Elven Midnight
One of my very first palettes was a Coastal Scents 88 palette and after trying out so many different products and brands since then, I've been neglecting Coastal Scents lately.
I'm honestly really really pleased with the choise of colors in this set and the color payoff they have!
The bottom 2 shadows are both GORGEOUS and I really like the darker blue also. It's a perfect midnight blue with a hint of glitter. The light blue isn't really anyting special to me, but they've definitely reminded me why I loved Coastal Scents in the first place!

 
Couture Colour - Pequi Oil Treatment
Umm.... No comment? Haven't tried it yet and I really don't use much for products in my hair. I WILL try it though because it says it restores softness and shine which my hair NEEDS! I've bleached and colored my hair more times than I can count in the last year or so and my ends are FRIED! This is especially scary since I'm trying really hard to grow my hair out, so I'm all for anything that helps with my frizz/fried hair!

 
So that's all I have for tonight! I really have no complaints so far about any of the products listed. I'm super excited to be getting my Glam Bags FINALLY! (I waited so long when they had to stop accepting new submissions!)

You can learn more about how to sign up for monthly Glam Bags at www.ipsy.com. They're $10 a month and come with 4-5 full size and sample size products.
 
Until next time!
xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. urban decay's palettes are so worth it though (looking at the value aspect)..i LOVE my vice palette <3 the blue eyeshadows are GORGEOUS!!! what an awesome month, right? ;)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I've been using it every day since I bought it.
      PS, I took a look and your blog is wonderful! I love all your reviews :)

      Delete