Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer Protection for Fair Skin

I make it my mission every summer to protect and maintain my pale complexion. In past years I've sabotaged myself by being lazy with my skincare and been branded with awful tan lines as a result. I've given sunless tanners a shot before also, but at the end of the day, I prefer to embrace my pastey skin :)

 If I know I'm going to be out in the sun for an extended period of time, I lather up with SPF. Here's a few skin care products that have been working for me so far this summer.

Olay Complete Lotion for Combination Skin with SPF 15 ($9.49) I start off with this product every morning as a daily moisturizer before applying any other makeup. I swear by this stuff! It's light, not greasy and sinks in to the skin really well. Don't forget to apply it to the neck and upper chest!

 
Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunblock SPF 30 ($10.97) After moisturizer, I apply this sunblock to my face whenever I know I'm going to be spending time in the sun. I love it because it's advertized as being break-out free, and so far it's lived up to that claim. I have very sensitive skin and it's very prone to break outs, so after using this several times without any negative reactions, it's a favorite!


Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock - SPF 55 ($7.04) For the rest of my skin, I've stuck with this sunblock for years. It does what it says and is non-greasy and has done an amazing job protecting my skin throughout the day. It can be a little deceiving at first, as when it's first applied it does seem oily, but once it's smoothed on to the skin and left to dry for about 1-2 minutes, you can't even tell it's there.  

Those are my 3 must have products to preserve my lack of color in the summer! Other steps I take to avoid burning and tanning in the summer is wearing sunglasses whenever I can to keep harmful rays away from the tender skin under my eyes, wearing large hats to further shade my face and I stick to the shade when possible. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the summer and I love spending time outside, but to keep a porcelain complexion, you have to put a lot of effort in to it!

Until next time!
xoxoxoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment