Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight Tonight Inspiration

My music video for this week is probably my favorite music video of all time. I've been in love with it since I was a little kid, watching it while my sisters were in love with MTV (Back when it was good!)

This video pretty much fits everything I love into 4 1/2 minutes of music bliss. It's got early 1900's style, glitter, stars, a beautiful song and is inspired itself by one of my favorite silent films.

I fell in love with A Trip to the Moon when they had us watch it in Film History during my community college days. I learned to love silent films in general because of that class, but A Trip to the Moon was always special. It was so creative and inventive for its time and for only being a little over 10 minutes long, it made an obvious influence on the films to come after it.


Tonight Tonight makes me smile every time I watch it, and it wouldn't exist without A Trip to the Moon.



Until next time!
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment