Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Eyeliner Review from Best to Worst


I've gone through more eyeliners than I can count and tend to use liquid/felt tip liners most often. I decided to make a list of my personal favorite/least favorite liquid/felt tip liners. I have them listed from best to worst.
Below is a picture with the swatches in the same order of the list, best to worst, from left to right. (the last swatch is in green because I hated the black I used so much I'd already thrown it away, but I still had the product in green...)

#1. BEST - L'oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner - Black Mica
I LOVE this felt tip liner. I use it nearly every day and have re-purchased it several times. The felt tip is the perfect size, not TOO skinny and definitely not too thick. The line comes out precise and smooth, and I can get sharp points whenever I decide to go with a cat-eye/winged liner look. The formula is long-lasting, but not waterproof (which I prefer). It CAN smudge slightly througout the day right at the area where your outer eyelid creases/wrinkles when you close your eye, but it's typically not until late in the day and I normally don't wear my liner that low.
All in all, the pros way outway the cons and I can't say enough how much I love this liner!


#2 - NYX Collection Noir Liquid Black Liner
This is my go-to liner whenever I want that classic pin-up flawless eyeliner look. The formula is great and super pigmented, and I've had no trouble with it smudging or wearing off throughout the day. The line it makes is extremely precise and I get the sharpest point with this liner. Love it!


#3 - Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - Perversion
I've never been a huge fan of waterproof eyeliners or mascaras, but in the situations that I know I'm going to need it, I use this liner every time. I've used this liner at waterparks, funerals and when I've been out and sweaty and it's never budged. The color comes off pretty good, though I occasionally need to apply 2 coats to get it as dark as I want it. The formula comes out smooth and again, once it's on, it's not coming off until you wash it with makeup remover.


#4 - e.l.f Liquid Eyeliner
For the ridiculously low price, this liquid liner is amazing! I love this stuff! I believe this only costs $1 per liner in stores, and I've had nothing but good results with it. I use the liquid liner in brown most often which gives super natural results. The pigmentation is slighly light, so I normally use 2 coats, and it CAN smudge/wear off a bit throughout the day, but again, for the price, I love love love this liner. I haven't been able to find a brown liquid liner I like more than this one :)



#5 - NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker
I'm not a huge fan of this felt tip liner. The formula isn't as wet as the L'Oreal brand and I've had trouble getting it to apply smooth over eyeshadow. The line is gives IS extremely fine and detailed, but I've just never been able to get it to apply to the eye fluidly. It doesn't roll over the lid smoothly and it seems like it dries out halfway through and need to be wiped off/shaked to get it to work.



#6 - L'Oreal Telescopic Precision Liquid Eyeliner
I have no complaints with the formula, as it's extremely pigmented but I'm awful using the blunt rubber tip. It's no good for precision lines and the product tends to go everywhere. This may just be a user error since I'm not used to using this kind of applicator, but it's definitely not a user friendly product.


#7 - Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner - Everlast
Ok... normally I'm a Milani lover, but I HATE this product! The formula is too thick, the brush is too big and it's a pain to get off. The only plus I can give this product is that it calls itself 24 hour, and I don't doubt it is. I took it off immediatly after using it, but for how hard it was to remove, I don't doubt it would last all day and night. The formula itself is extremely thick and tends to clump, and the brush itself is too wide and makes fine lines impossible. I couldn't see myself ever using this liner in black and I ended up tossing it, but I do have the product in green which I honestly can say I do like. I do use the green as an accent color and it works great for that because it won't wear off, but I will never buy the black again.


Phew! So those are my favorite/least favorite liquid and felt tip liners. I've tried most of them (minus the last one) several times and hope this review can help out anyone looking for a good black liner!

Till next time!
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment