Friday, January 13, 2012

Drug Store Makeup Haul


Me + Walgreens = Danger!!!
I know a lot of these have been reviewed to death by now, but they're all 1st time buys for me, so I wanted to do a haul. There are a ton of new collections out for Maybelline, L'Oreal, Revlon, etc. and I wanted to show what I got/first impressions.


First off, I bought the Maybelline DreamLumi touch Highlight concealer in Ivory. I usually use M.A.C concealer to even out my complexion, but I wanted something lighter for under my eyes. I've used this product twice so far, and for now I love it! It's hard for me to find concealers that are lighter than my foundation since I'm so pale but this one did it, and I like that it doesn't get cakey/crease under my eyes after time. So far so good!




Now this again, I know has been reviewed to death but these next two are actually my first ever Wet'n Wild buys in YEARS. I haven't bought from this brand since my highschool days when the makeup was definitely less than awesome. After hearing so many good things about these shadows, I finally decided to see how the brand has improved, and goodness, I'm in love!

First up is Wet'n Wild's Color Icon Eyeshadow Set in Comfort Zone. I LOVE this palette! I've only used it once, but after swatching all the colors, they're beautiful! My favorite by far is the bottom on the green side. It's a super gorgeous red/brown/green multitone color that looks amazing on the eye. I really didn't have any misses from this palette. All the colors are gorgeous. The only downside is that they're SO creamy that there tends to be a little fallout when applying, but at $4.99 a set, I'm not complaining!


The second palette I bought was Blue Had Me at Hello. Another great set of colors, but this one had a few misses for me. The main upset was the consistency of a few of the shadows. For the most park, the upper 2 shadows on each side had the same creamy consistency as the last palette, but the bottom 2 colors on each side were a bit dryer and not as opaque. The blue/black glitter color was mostly black, where I really hoped it would have the same multitone effect as the above palette, but didn't. The top 2 right green/blue colors are beautiful though. Again, not complaining for the price!


Lastly, I bought a ton of the L'Oreal Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadows... I bought 3 at Ulta last weekend and LOVED them, so I had to get 4 more on my Walgreens run.

 Amber Rush
 Bronzed Taupe
 Perpetual Purple
 Continuous Cocoa
 Eternal Black
 Iced Latte
Midnight Blue
I haven't had a chance to use all these colors yet, but I've used Bronzed Taupe and Continuous Cocoa together and they looked really nice together. I used Bronzed Taupe as an all over wash and Continuous Cocoa as the contour.
Today I tried out Iced Latte as an all over lid color and it was beautiful! It really reminded me of Urban Decay's Naked Palette's "Virgin", which I'm in love with. I've been trying to find something comparable to it, since they don't sell it individually, and this came pretty close.
All the colors swatch really opaque and blend surprisingly well. I was at first worried that they would be hard to work with due to the odd consistency, but so far I haven't had any problems. They work well with brushes or just fingers.

I'll stop now... I can talk ears off about makeup, so I'll leave as is. All in all, it was a very successful haul, with no regrets! (I tend to get bummed when I spend that much in a Walgreens!) but everything was worth it :)

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment