Saturday, May 18, 2013

Best News Ever

...well maybe not EVER, but pretty awesome news! So I was at a Target in Fridley, MN on Mother's Day and while taking a peek in the makeup isle, I found.........

 
When the hell did Target start selling NYX!? So far Fridley is the only store I've seen it in but it's only a matter of time until it's in every store! (I hope...) NYX is one of my favorite makeup brands ever and to be able to get it at 15% off?? (w/ my employee discount) WOO!!! Heaven! So that was a lovely little find. I didn't actually buy anything because I was in a rush but I really hope to find it in my stores soon!
 
****UPDATE****
They added one in the Knollwood, MN store! WOO!!
 
I DID get this month's Glam Bag in the mail (www.ipsy.com) and I must say it's probably my favorite one to date. It came with some really great products and a bonus full size Urban Decay Stardust shadow in Space Cowboy.
 
The other products that came were a Mirabella lip tint, a gorgeous soft blue Zoya nail polish, a Yaby concealer refill, a Juice Beauty reflecting gloss and lastly, a St Tropez self-tanner.
 
 
I really love the shade they sent for the Mirabella lip tint. It's packaged like a lipstick but it's not extremely opaque and just gives a really pretty glow of color on the lips. I love the UD Stardust shadow I got. I already had a sample from ages ago in violet (can't remember the name) and it seems like they've reformulated it since then. The color is really pretty and subtle, but gives a nice pop of glitz over any look. Again, I LOVE the nail polish and have been a long time fan of Zoya polishes, so no complaints there. I'd never used Yaby concealers before but I tried it on my under eyes and it seemed to do the trick fine. Had good coverage without being too heavy and didn't set in any of my fine lines. The shade was just a bit too dark for me for every day use, but I would consider buying it full size in my shade in the future.
 
The only 2 products I wasn't crazy about was the Juice Beauty gloss and the self-tanner. I don't tan, so nothing against the product itself, but I'll probably be giving that to one of my friends as a gift. I didn't really like the consistency of the gloss. Since it was promoted as a "reflecting" gloss, I'm assuming it wasn't meant to have a ton of color payoff or be used alone, but it basically just felt like water on my lips. I tried it alone and on top of a lipstick and it just felt like it made my lipstick slip around. It also didn't seem like it had enough shimmer/glow to it to be used strictly as a "spot of shine" for the lips either, so unless I figure out how to work with it, I probably won't be getting much use out of it.

 
So that's about what I've had going on makeup/beauty wise. I did also finally order the Nude-Tude palette from the Balm which I'm really looking forward to. I ordered it off Hautelook for 50% off, so its taking a while to ship. Once it's in I'll be sure to post pics/swatches and 1st impressions!
 
Lastly, a random Instagram pic! Datenight selfie fail! :)
 
 
XOXOXOXOXO
 
 
 

2 comments: