Friday, April 19, 2013

Engagement, Shoes, Foundation... Life Update!


OK!!!!! So finally back as promised with an update on all the crazy $*&^ that's been going on in my life in the last month. I have a hard time believing that it's all happened in just a month, but that's life!
 
Firstly, as my banner kind of makes obvious, I'm engaged! Steve proposed 3.8.13 and life's been absolutely nuts since! The proposal itself wasn't much of a surprise - we both knew it was gonna happen it was just a matter of getting the $$$ to make it happen. We went and picked out my ring the night he proposed and here it is!
 
 
I'm beyond in love with it! As you also probably noticed from the banner, we've set the date for 9.14.13, leaving us just barely 6 months to get the whole shebang put together. That was my choice. I'm a spazz about planning, stress and $$$, and had no desire whatsoever to stress about planning a wedding for a year or more.
 
Be that as it may, the time obviously also put us at a disadvantage to all those brides who DO plan years in advance, so I had to haul ass to find a ceremony/reception site in that short amount of time. So that's the majority of what I've been up to : )
 
Since last week, we've got the ceremony and reception site booked, my dress picked out and plans for decorations underway!  I refuse to spend a billion dollars on this whole wedding thing, so I've been working with my family and friends to cut corners and DIY as much as possible to save cash and make the day more unique.
 
The main DIY I'm doing is all paper flowers. I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE with little patience or imagination, but to anyone out there who wants to save (a LOT) of money and make their wedding more creative, try it out! Pretty much all my free time off work I've been spending on figuring out what kind of flowers I was going to do, testing different paper types and finally, getting down to business on making them.
 
 
These are what I've come up with so far. Our wedding colors are red/white/black so I kept that theme with the flowers. I'm doing some fancy roses and SUPER easy swirly roses and will use those to make boutonnieres, bouquets, centerpieces, and anything else that requires a flower. Now, that's a LOT of flowers. Hence the working on them now.
 
My theme for wedding preparations is to do a little every day, buy what I can when I can and don't have a billion things to do the weeks following up to the day. Obviously no matter what it'll still be hectic as hell but this way I'm getting at least some of my stuff out of the way and not worrying about everything all at once.
 
I'll maybe do a post later with more info on what the style for everything is going to look like, but my MAIN thing was I had to have red shoes. I've always wanted red shoes for my wedding, and I found this beautiful pair on Amazon for a crazy good deal. They're a bit tall, but surprisingly comfy, I just need to break them in.  
 
 
I also know I'll be doing my own makeup, so I decided to splurge and invest in a fancy foundation. I tried out Lancôme's Teint Idole Ultra 24H Makeup. I tried the lightest shade they had, I believe it was in Ivory, and thought it looked fine in the store, but unfortunately it oxidized a ton when I actually tried it and I had to take it back. Thank god for Macy's awesome return policies :)
 
 
After that fail, I got a sample from the Estee Lauder counter and tried it out, and I THINK I fell in love. I'm still not 100% sure about the shade, but it's definitely better than the Lancôme one. I think it may be a bit yellow undertone for me, I'm more pink, but I'm pretty sure with my powder/concealer combo that it'll look fine. If not, try try again!



 

 

 
I got it in 1C1 Cool Bone. Crossing my fingers, I'm going to do a face comparison to that and my every day fave, Revlon's Nearly Naked in Ivory and I'll return it if it's way off.
 
I know this is kind of a random, tossed together post, but that's about what my life is right now. I'll hopefully be posting some wedding day makeup tutorials/ideas and more in general.
 
XOXOXO

3 comments:

  1. I am just catching up here. WOW!! CONGRATS! I looove the dress and shoes also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Exciting stuff, just very very busy :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Bridget! As your wedding date is nearing, I’m sure you are also getting even more excited. Anyway, do you already have a wedding band aside from the wedding ring? You can have it customized if you want it to match with your wedding ring.
    Milagro Clemmons @ Diamonds Direct

    ReplyDelete