Saturday, January 12, 2013

Snazzy Eyes, Coral Lips Makeup Tutorial

I said I'd be back quick with a new tutorial and here it is! A snazzy, shimmery eye look with bright coral lips!  I decided to do this look after getting the new L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer in Coral Tattoo. I've always been a huge fan of coral lip colors, but have had the worst time finding a shade that suits me without looking too orange or harsh against my skin.

I've finally found it, this color is beautiful and the formula feels amazing!! I've heard from other bloggers/youtubers that these lip lacquers are supposed to be dupes for a YSL lip line, but I can't really speak to that. YSL is far too rich for my blood! I'll take their word for it though, because for the price, this is a wonderful lip product! 


OK, enough babbling, enjoy the tutorial! Don't forget to comment if you like the look!


 




5 comments:

  1. I like your videos, because they're so accessible for someone like me. I can't follow a lot of the heavy eyeshadow tutorials. I'll have try your blush trick, as I am just trying my hand at blush for the first time..! So far, it just makes me look more red than I already am. :-( And your eyelashes are goooorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really like your hair, how do you style it that way? Nice and shiny, a very pretty dark shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blush can be tricky, it took me a while to really find what worked for me. I don't really have any natural flush, so I fake it with that technique. Rule #1 for blush is a little goes a long way! Always tap off the excess product from your brush and even dab it on your hand a few times before applying it to your cheeks, that way you'll have more control :)

      My hair that day was actually an accident haha I spent the whole morning with it in rollers after doing a wet set, but took them out way too early, so I brought them back to life with a regular curling iron.

      PS,

      Steve said we're going to try to get together with you soon! I'd love to meet you!

      Delete
  3. I got the Wet and Wild Pearlescent Pink that every beauty guru raves about. At first, I just smooshed my brush in it and WOOSH - right onto my cheeks! :-x ! I had to watch quite a few tutorials on how to apply blush, lol. I think I'm still trying to find the right color and technique. I'm not used to seeing myself with blush on, so maybe it just looks too strong to me? I am SO pale and prone to a lot of redness, so I find myself desiring luminous, glow-ey looks.

    I'm also trying to find a good, hydrating foundation. I got Revlon's Colorstay for Normal/Dry skin the other day and I kind of hate it.>! :-( It's so thin, without any good coverage even though it says it's medium coverage. My go-to is NYC Smooth Skin foundation, nothing beats it for me!

    I would love to hang out! It is so nice having one friend to talk books with, and one friend to talk makeup with. Weeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also - I really want to try some of the Nyx products, after getting the loose eyeshadow in the last Glam Bag! Seems with them and ELF, things are sold out online a lot. :-(

    ReplyDelete