Thursday, April 7, 2011

We Have a Winner!!

So I finally figured out what I'm going to do for my school's Salon Fair.  As I said in my last post, my model Mollie's hair was less than accepting of curl.  I originally wanted to do a full fingerwave look on her, but every time I tried the product would either not hold, or the style would flop from the weight of whatever lotion I used.

Then I tried a fingerwave in the front, pincurl in the back look.  Same result, and it just looked disconnected with the fingerwaves not brushed out.

As a last effort, I pincurled her bangs to create a pomp-curl look, and used white perm rods to wrap the rest of her hair in a rectangle wrap.  I stuck her under the dryer for 45 minutes (she was not pleased! She cannot sit still!) and low and behold, it worked!  I just used water for the perm rod wrapped hair and used a little setting lotion for the pincurls.

After brushing it out, she got kind of an ice cream sunday look to her bangs, and I poofed out the rest of the curls to give it a "gothic lolita" doll-ish look.  That's what we decided to go with. 

For the final look, we're going to make everything bolder and give her some nice fake eyelashes for her upper and lower lids, to really make her eyes pop.

All together, I'm extremely pleased and I can't wait to get the entire look put together next Wednesday!!! I'll post pictures!

1 comment: