Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fingerwave Test

So I've been testing hairstyles on my model for a salon fair I've entered at school for a few weeks now.  I want to give her fingerwaves and some major poof in the back of her hair for a fantasy look but I've had no end of trouble with her hair.  It's super fine and bleached white/blonde, so it resists curl like there's no tomorrow.  I've been trying different waving lotions to use with her hair and so far, almost everything I've used either doesn't have enough hold or has enough hold but is too heavy for her hair, so when I brush it out, the waves just go limp.


I'm planning on letting the front stay unbrushed for the most part, to keep the dramatic wave, but I may end up having to scrap the idea and figure something else out if it doesn't work on our next test...





I was pretty lazy with the pincurls in the back, so I know I have to make those smaller, tighter and more uniform to get the volume I want for the end result.

I didn't get a picture of the end result, because it flopped after I brushed it out.  Hopefully next time will be a success!



~In other news..~

I got the best candle on the planet!

I'm in heaven <3

No comments:

Post a Comment